Thursday, December 3, 2009

Age is just a number till you are cheese

The following is a lovely poem written by friend Rachayeta on the topic mentioned above.My mate Praqxz wrote a rap on the same topic which wold be posted subsequently.

Just down the lane
Resides this lovely widow
Beneath her window pane
I stand as the lonely kiddo

I look upto her
She enchantingly smiles
Making my heart throb at a rate
Per hour-1000 miles

Oh! how i longed to reach u
In the wide bright sunshine
Take u in my arms and say
Baby would u be mine??

But alas! the cruel joke u played on me
When i asked u for a date
The biggest disappointment on my face when u said
Baby am 64 and you are 28

How does these numbers matter to u my dear
When love i know is pure,
How numbers could ever jumble up
My love for you, could i know??

Ahh ! Society u say
Would they accept such a union
But let me know my lovely lady
Did it ever help you in your communion??

The society commands your every action 
And u follow like a flock of geese
But who shall tell u my charming lass
That age is just a number until u are cheese

I am a human in flesh and blood
Standing at your gate
Begging for a little mercy
And asking you to come on a date

And still you stand there motionless
Overlooking at my emotions with ease
Not an ounce did you understand
That age is just a number until you are cheese

And still down the lane
Resides this lovely widow
Underneath whose window pane
I stand the lonely kiddo
My love for her slipped away 
Like a stone smeared with grease
Since not an ounce did she ever understood
That age is just a number until you are cheese

By Rachayeta



No comments: