Thursday, August 2, 2007

Trouble again!!!

My disastrous run with electronic components continued just like Schumacher used to make it a habit of notching up wins. This time the victim,my MONITOR.Arrrgh!

There I was,fully engaged in honing my driving skills on the computer without a care in the world when somebody UP decided to send me my package of troubles.It was the last lap and i was leading by nearly four seconds when there was a small popping noise and my monitor went blank.Just like that.But the CPU was running to my horror which meant that the race was still on.Naturally,I was inclined to send my monitor soaring like a Beckham freekick but that little piece called common sense kicked in.I called a guy who services monitors and told him my woes.

He came,found out what the problem was(a transistor had blown),fixed it and charged me a quarter thousand bucks.Talk about electronic goods getting cheaper.Finally,after making sure that everything was working fine,I resumed honing my driving skills.Think my woes are over.Nah.Continue.

Next morning,I had just switched on my comp when I heard the dreaded popping noise again.And TWICE.Oh God!Why can't I have some peace?As usual,the CPU was running fine with the fan humming nicely.Damn,that was absolutely maddening, the CPU being fine but me not able to use it.I once again phoned the service guy and told him my problem.He said he had too many deadlines that day and would be able to come only the next day.What could I do but wait.

He came as told,found out that two transitors had blown,replaced them and told me i had better come to the idea of buying a new monitor since this one had run its course.Surprisingly he didn't charge me anything.Well,thats what I call customer satisfaction .I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that my beloved PC will not cause me any more trouble.

God,if you are reading this kindly consider my request.

No comments: