Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Temptations

Having given myself to the regimen of taking a walk in the early morning on the basis that it is healthy for your life,I have found its side effects.Now talking of walking side effects may bring ankle sprains and leg cramps to the imaginative mind but the answer is no.Not any one of these.

My side effect is sleep.Yes SLEEP.Waking up at 5 in the morning takes a good 2 hours off my time devoted for sleep and while I would love to crash on my bunker when I return from my walk it is totally off limits as that would result in a nice archanai from my mom.So while I'll be able to ward off the remaining sleep in the morning hours,when it comes to the late afternoon say between 4 to 5, I would be totally washed.It would be like I have gone without sleep for 2-3 days and my eyes close on their own accord.That is also the time when everybody is busiest because it is near to office closing hours and naturally all would like to show that they are hardworking just as the office ends.Imagine my plight trying to keep my eyes open while having to concentrate on the work on hand.For a good understanding, try to remember your most boring professor's class just after lunch.You will get the point.

Hence not only am I tempted to catch a quick shut eye but my body metabolism also seems to gone into overdrive with my stomach grumbling every time i think of food since I started walking as an exercise.And on way my back home,the biggest task is to force my legs away from the chat shop near my house and mentally pound myself to think of  chapathis and dal instead of the sinfully good bhel puri or the delicious pani puri that the guy can whip in a jiffy.Sigh!Sigh!Sigh!.I really wonder how people try to attain nirvana when the simple task of keeping yourself healthy and monitoring your junk food consumption is taking a big toll on my senses.That is why maybe those enlightened ones are called mahans.

No comments: