Saturday, July 28, 2007

Life is like that

Bought a brand new speaker set from Intex,the old one literally crying to be replaced.I unpacked it like a treasure,plugged in the wires,switched on the power and Voila! my new speakers.I heard some of my fav songs on it and just when i opened WMP to see a film there was a small POP.AND A BURNING SMELL.Took me 2 mins to figure out that my new speakers have just conked out.Hard luck some people say.Nope. Very hard.Infact my luck seems to be as hard as diamond.Attempting to repair the speakers was something I considered but what the heck I had a warranty.So i went to the shop where i got them and explained my predicament.
There was this sales guy who on hearing me said in the most saintly voice that conveyed he knew everything there is to be known in this mystical world and would have put Sri Sri Ravishankar to rethink about his knowledge"Sir,voltage fluctuation".I tried explaining to him that i had a UPS but he hung on to the notion of voltage fluctation like a child clinging to his mother on the first day of school.Damn!.Finally I realised that there was no way I could make him understand and wrote a letter to the shop owner who had gone out explaining my situation and gave it to the sales guy along with the receipt and told him i will be back tomorrow.Sigh!Shelling out three fourths of a thousand for the speakers,I was utterly disappointed.But as they 'Life is like that'.

No comments: